Meet The Church

  Pastor Tony & Karen Reynolds with Elders Gary, Diane, Paulli, Andrew, Rebecca, Kathy & Tom


Our History


TPC was organized in 1889 with 2 elders and 12 to 16 members. Prior to that, several members had been meeting for worship and study since 1885 with the leadership of Reverend Brouilllette, who traveled to Toledo from Chehalis. The first Toledo Church was built in 1890, and a manse was added in 1922. In the early 1950’s, interest was mounting in building a new church to be located on Augustus Street in Toledo. On April 20, 1953, the first shovel of dirt was turned, commencing the construction of the church, at 312 Augustus Street. The dedication of this church was March 31, 1957, with the membership around 140. The church is a beautiful stone building, located near the center of town. The church features wonderful stained-glass windows that reflect the sunshine and light the sanctuary with color. Updates over the years have included better technology, an elevator, a new heating system, and other improvements.

On the site of the older church building, a manse was planned. Clearing of the lot began in April of 1991, and the manse was ready to be occupied in July of 1992. Over time the manse became too large for our needs, so in October of 2020, the congregation unanimously voted to sell the current manse, and purchase the available lot adjacent to the church. Included in the congregational vote were plans to purchase an energy-efficient modern 1404 sq ft manufactured home and install it on the lot as a new manse.  Mission completed.